In Easy Nirman, we will help you select the right materials and methodology to finish false ceilings. The key towards achieving the best in the quality finish while achieving desired performance. Firstly we should know how many types of false ceiling we can consider.
- Plaster of Paris (POP)
- Gypsum False Ceiling
- PVC False ceiling
Often when people imagine a false ceiling is far from boring boards suspended in often that looks like a grid. But residential false ceiling can be classy, funky, vibrant, elegant or bizarre. Basically, anything you want.
Advantages of False Ceilings are as follows:
- It is very easy to install the false ceiling. You can also install it easily but it is advisable to get it installed by a professional contractor.
- A false ceiling hides the duck work, pipes and electrical wires giving a clutter-free neat and clean look.
- It is easy to resemble the panels of a ceiling in case of repair work.
- It is much more economical to install a false ceiling than to get the entire ceiling renovated in case of damages as they are removable.
- A false ceiling aids in reducing heat during summers and cold during winters and also lowering the electrical bills.
Disadvantages of false ceilings are as follows:
- False ceilings can reduce the height of room by several inches or feet as it is hung below the existing ceiling.
- Sagging is possible in case of false ceiling and the ceiling gets discolored or stained after frequent use for few years.
- Now let’s have a look a look at Advantages and Disadvantages of POP, GYPSUM, and PVC false ceilings.
Advantages of POP false ceilings:
- It is light in weight and more durable.
- It forms a thick surface and knocks after drying.
- It gives a firm surface on which the color can settle.
Disadvantages of POP false ceilings:
- It cannot be used in most situations.
- It is more expensive than cement or cement lime plaster.
- Skilled workers are required for précising application and thud workers cost for applying POP is high.
Advantages of GYPSUM Plaster:
- Gypsum can be directly applied to bricks /block work without separate finishing.
- Gypsum sets quickly (within 25-30 minutes).
- No curing, unlike traditional cement plaster, saves water and time during construction.
Disadvantages of GYPSUM plasters:
- Gypsum plaster cannot be used for outside wall since they retain dampness.
- Gypsum plasters are costlier than that traditional motor plaster (sand and cement) for the same thickness of plasters.
Advantages of PVC plasters:
- There is no need of earthling in case of the P.V.C plastic conduit system. , Durable and have a long life.
- PVC ceiling system is light in weight, moisture resistant and, to clean by providing a bright, durable and hygienic surface, which is easily maintained.
Disadvantages of PVC Plasters:
- It cannot tolerate high temperatures and UV. So generally you cannot use it for hot water piping, and you cannot use it outside.
- PVC is not the most attractive type of ceiling covering ever. Many people think of PVC as the interior in appearance and choose to avoid it for aesthetic reasons.
Hope this blog can help you!
THANK YOU FOR READING.