An architectural drawing is a technical drawing of a building project that falls within the definition of architecture. Architectural drawings are made according to set of ideas and possibilities which include particular views (floor, plan, section etc.) sheet sizes, unit of measurement and scales, annotation and cross referencing. The development of the computer had a major impact on the method used to design and create technical drawing, Making manual drawing almost obsolete and opening up new possibilities of form using organic shapes and complex geometry.
In the part of the twentieth century, all architectural drawing were manually produced either by architects or by trained (but less skilled) draughtsman, who did not generate the design although they made many of the less important decisions.
Standard views used in architectural drawings
- Floor plan
- Site plan
- Cross section
- Isometric and axonometric
- Projections etc.
Types of Architecture Drawing
- Presentation drawing: drawing intended to explain a scheme and to promote its merits.
- Survey drawing: measured drawing of existing land structures and buildings.
- Record drawing: architects have made record drawings in order to understand the great architecture known to them.
ARCHITECTURAL DRAWING BENEFITS
- They help to propose a design idea in a business pitch.
- They allow architects to communicate ideas and designs.
- Clients can be convinced for quality models.
ARCHITECTURAL CAD DESIGNS
Use of computer aided design (COD) system is becoming increasing popular to overcome the complexity attached with the storage and management of paper based architecture design or drawing.
CAD DRAFTING SERVICES
Drawing is a narrative; developmental architectural drawing is the backbone of the building design and plays a critical role in translating a design to feasible structure.
Benefits of CAD drawing services in architecture designs
- Data storage: Apart from other manual drafting for architectural design, CAD drafting do not need to be stored in folders CAD drafting files are saved on a computer server.
- Accessibility: because CAD drafting work is stored on a system server, the ability to access the information anywhere there is an internet connection is possible.
- 3D viewing: the best way to represent a structure is through a 3D drawing. While creating 3D model manually is possible it’s not as realistic as one that an AUTOCAD program can provide.
- Modifications: drawing on a paper can be a difficult challenge when modification and reworks come into play. Often times architects have to restart a drawing when a mistake is made of or when something are needs to be revised
- Time: designed to help architects work faster and easier, all while saving significantly on time, our CAD drawing services is great for companies that don’t have time or manpower to do specific architectural designs in a timely manner.
- Precision: manual drafting opens the door for various mistakes and issues for all architectural designs.